It’s been a while since I gave you an update on my garlic plants. They had been growing incredibly well and then a few weeks ago they started looking all droopy. For a number of days I fretted and worried that I had brought them almost to harvest only to kill them off. But finally I realised that they were just doing what a garlic plant should do when it’s ready to harvest. I think they could have done with a little longer in the ground but we’ve been having so much rain that I was scared they’d start to rot. So earlier this week I pulled out every garlic plant. Each plant had a perfect little head of garlic on the end of it. They’re all smaller than the bulbs from the parent garlic I used for planting. But for a first garlic harvest I am mighty happy. They are currently drying outside waiting for me to braid them and then work out where I’m going to hang the braids. I cant wait to use our very own home-grown garlic in all sorts of meals in the coming year.