A little while ago…OK like over three weeks ago, I have been remiss….Herby from Living as Herby gave me an award. It’s called The Versatile Blogger Award and I’m beyond chuffed. Because you know, I’m new at this blogging gig and it’s soo lovely to be appreciated. Thank you Herby!
Here are the rules:
- thank the person who sent you the award
- share 7 things about yourself
- grant the award to 15 blogs you like.
Hmmm, seven things you don’t already know about me:
- I originally wanted to start blogging about two years ago when I was in a job that was oh so bad for my soul. But being as how it was so bad for my soul, it made it hard to get the extra energy to even start. Now I’m in a FANTASTIC job that keeps me so busy and positively challenged and of course, now that I don’t ‘need’ a blog, I’ve decided to go for it.
- I only read nonfiction between the ages of about 16 and 28. Now I mix and match but still prefer nonfiction to fiction.
- I have real trouble eating meat with bones in it (it grosses me out, I am such a wimp!)
- I am currently eating brazil nuts every day because I read they are high in selenium and Australian soils are low in selenium (I wonder how long I’ll last on the brazil nuts?)
- I used to dream of moving to the country and being self-sufficient but now I’m more into living in the city as sustainably as possible and producing a significant amount of my own food via “urban farming”.
- I have a cat, she adopted me while I was living in the USA and is now an international jetsetter having lived with me in the USA, Australia and New Zealand. (Once I take on responsibility for a living being, I take on the responsibility for the rest of their life no matter where my life takes me.)
- While I am Australian through and through, I have spent a number of years living in the US (as a child and as an adult) and I consider it my second homeland.
Ok, so I made up some extra rules just for me with the granting of the award. Some of my favourite blogs are read by besquillions of people every day. They win big enormous awards and lots of accolades. I want to give this award to medium and small blogs and blogs that aren’t commercial. They are from all different categories not just food And Herby, you know I’d ping the Award back at you if I could, don’t you?
I hereby award the following blogs “The Versatile Blogger Award”. Fifteen of my favourite blogs in alphabetical order are:
- Amy a la mode
- At number ninety eight
- Cityhippyfarmgirl’s Blog
- Debra and Liz’s Bagni di Lucca Blog
- Free Range Living
- Little House in the Suburbs
- My Tiny Plot
- Taurus Rising
- The only Cin
- The Neighbourhood Toxicologist
- The Self Sufficient Urbanite
- Towards Sustainability (Julie might be a bit bigger than medium but she’s one of the first blogs I ever read!)
Oh and notice that I don’t have a blog roll yet? This may form the start of one! It was so difficult to choose between the many blogs I read. I really need to get my blog roll up so everyone can be acknowledged.
Thanks again, Herby!!!